Join us for the FM6k
October 21 - 22, 2023
The FM6K is a nationwide virtual two-day fertility awareness and fundraising event that rallies communities from coast to coast. Participants can choose a date, time, and location that works best for them – and then gather their friends, families, and co-workers for a walk, run, or bike together. It doesn’t matter where you live; this event is designed for you to be able to participate, no matter where you are!
Bridging the gap between fertility care and those who need it.
We believe everyone should have adequate access to care and have begun working with stakeholders across Canada to advocate for equitable opportunities for modern family building. In order to make a meaningful difference in the lives of Canadians we need a collaborative approach to fertility which includes governments, physicians, businesses, and each of us.
- Only 6 provinces provide access to government funding for fertility treatments
- Not all provinces and territories have fertility clinics or fertility specialists for community access
- The majority of Canadian employers do not include fertility and family building in their employee health benefits
- The upfront out of pocket cost for a single IVF cycle is $20,000
How Fertility Matters Canada is Making a Difference
All donations from the Fertility Matters 6K will go directly into FMC’s advocacy and patient access programs, including supporting national grassroots advocacy work, working to educate government, stakeholders, and patients to improve policies and support at the federal and provincial levels, and developing research strategies to better understand the real barriers Canadians experience accessing fertility care and information about their reproductive health options.
Help us help you.
- Join FMC and its membership by supporting the Annual Fertility Matters 6K
- Sixteen per cent of Canadians – roughly six million – experience fertility issues and, with them, a collection of knock-on effects, including anxiety, depression, feelings of isolation, and financial burdens
- The 6K reflects the six million Canadians who are affected by fertility challenges, or 1 in 6 Canadians every year
- All proceeds will go towards FMC’s new national fertility advocacy strategy aimed at achieving equitable access to fertility care across all provinces
- With the support of Canadian communities, 75 teams and 262 participants, Fertility Matters Canada successfully raised $154,938
- Only half of the Canadian provinces provide funding to assist with some of the out-of-pocket expenses associated with fertility care. With the average cost of a single IVF cycle approximately $20,000, trying to build a family for a vast number of Canadians is unattainable.
Partners That Care
Clinic (Community) Sponsors
Join the conversation online